Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The View

I thought maybe it would be helpful for people to see what our backyard actually looks like. So I went outside after work today and took a few pictures. Needless to say I am not a wonderful photographer, but hopefully you can see what our yard looks like covered in 6 inches of snow. If you look carefully towards the back of our yard you can see a few things of note. 1) the brush/burn pile (now, i know, we are trying to be as environmentally friendly as possible, and this is not one of things! we are working on it though.) I point this out so you can see where the middle of our backyard is and past this burn pile is where our glorious garden will someday be. You might also be able to catch a glimpse of our Christmas tree. 2) on the left and just past the burn pile is our compost bins. Bill and I are very excited about trying to compost and reduce the amount of garbage we put curbside each week. Its amazing how many food scraps two people can have at the end of a meal. Also, this is my least favorite job about owning the house so far--walking the smelly garbage out there in the freezing cold. Luckily my loving husband pretty much always does this task. And perhaps then he can catch a glimpse of the apparent small animal/rodent living in the compost pile. What kind of animal is it? We have no idea. I personally could care less if I ever find out!! 3) for those of you that are in to this kind of thing, the raised area in the front of the picture is our septic drain field...ooh lah lah!



This little delight of a building is what will hopefully someday be our chicken coop. Yes, currently it looks like an abandoned shed. I guess it doesn't look like one, it is one. We will hopefully be tearing down/rebuilding or reconditioning this shed into a coop in the next few months.

No comments: